I distinctly recall that this wiki used to be named "Strike Witches Wiki" instead of "World Witches Series Wiki"; the former is even still present in the site's logo, the "Welcome to the community" message", and probably other places on the site. I assume this is due to the fact that the franchise has grown beyond the original Strike Witches and its focal character group as the World Witches title became more commonly used, but when did this name change happen?
What's on your mind?
Recently the featured article section of the home page stopped working and returned an error. After contacting the dev wiki staff, we figured the issue was caused by someone messing up the code of their Utility module which is used by the Feature page module.
If this happens again, I'll consider coding the modules in this wiki rather than importing them from the dev wiki, although it's best if we can avoid that for updates purposes.
I'm thinking into updating the home page and make it look like another wiki I administer:
As for the witches list I was thinking about a table like this one:
And for witches with few, and almost no information something like the table from this page:
So, what do you think?
Suggesting we keep articles of witches we know nothing but the names and nations of on a general page and only give them pages when we have substantial information. It is highly unlikely we'll ever get any more information on them on account that Humikane jumps from project to project, and it took us a decade to get information about the rest of the 503rd. It makes sense if we at least have an image but if all we have is a name and place it seems like making an individual page is too much trouble than its worth. I believe it'll make wikia navigation easier if people are indeed looking for info and will prevent unnecessary pages from being created, making things tidier in general.
Fellow administrators and other staff from this wiki, as you know FANDOM will be migrating to a newer version, so I was thinking about volunteering the wiki for early migration.
What do you say?
We now have a Community Portal/Forum, be sure to read the guidelines before posting:
1. Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions.
2. Threads and posts that solicit upvotes will be deleted.
3. Be sure to properly tag your posts:
General: Anything that doesn't fall in any of the other categories
Discussions: For discussions about the World Witches series
Requests/Suggestions: For requests or suggestions related to the World Witches series
Management: For suggestions or requests about the wiki, examples include: a better article structure, infoboxes in general, categories, deletion of articles...
Moderation: For reporting vandals, trolls, spammers...
Staff Board: For internal affairs.
4. Off-topic conversations will be deleted.
5. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
6. Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned.
7. Ask for help. Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you just have a question? Contact Fandom staff through "Give feedback" on your app's Settings screen, or via http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact.
Note: If you have read this post, please answer below.