The 501st Joint Fighter Wing "Strike Witches" is a specialist unit comprised of several of the greatest aces of its time, as well as the first established Joint Fighter Wing.
The unit was first stationed in Britannia under the jurisdiction of the Western World Headquarters (under the command of Air Marshal Trevor Maloney) until the Liberation of Gallia, after which it was disbanded.
Following a large-scale assault by the Neuroi on the Rhine, the unit has been reformed once again to push towards Berlin.
Around October 1944, the unit was disbanded with the liberation of Gallia.
Six months later, around the spring of 1945, the unit was reactivated and relocated to the defence of Romagna, with its HQ located on a strategic island in the Adriatic Sea. The unit was again deactivated after the liberation of Venezia.
Some months later, the 501st JFW was again reactivated after destroying a Neuroi mothership that had attacked from Karlsland.
The 501st has shot down a large number of Neuroi, and the unit's accomplishments in the Gallian and Venizian recovery operations has given its witches a status akin to living legends, one which is only aided by their individual records and achievements.
- Wing Commander Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
Commanding Officer in battle
- Squadron Leader Sakamoto Mio
- Flight Lieutenant Charlotte E. Yeager
- Flight Lieutenant Gertrud Barkhorn
- Flying Officer Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
- Flying Officer Erica Hartmann
- Flying Officer Perrine H. Clostermann
- Flying Officer Sanya V. Litvyak
- Pilot Officer Francesca Lucchini
- Pilot Officer Miyafuji Yoshika
- Flight Sergeant Lynette Bishop
- Pilot Officer Laura Tóth