Sergeant during the Battle of Karlsland, and later Captain in North Afrika.
Commanded first a Panzer II tank, then later a Panzer 38(t) during the Battle of Karlsland. While fighting against ground-based Neuroi, he first encountered Friederike Porsche, who at the time was a ground-attack witch flying a Stuka Striker.
Afterwards he became a technical officer and worked with Friederike Porsche in North Africa, where he helped develop the Tiger Ground-Striker.
His real age is unknown since he transformed from a young man in Karlsland to an old-looking person a few years later in North Africa.
- Tiger in Desert 1
- Tiger in Desert 2
- Witches of the Sphinx 1
- Witches of the Sphinx 2
- Witches of the Sphinx 3
- The Witch of Stuka. (Extra story included in "The Witches of Africa Total Comic Collection" and "Strike Witches: Andorra no Majo")
- Katou Keiko North Africa Military Photos 1943
- The Witches Of The Sphinx 4
- Michael Schmitts specific role is Techniker, which means "technician" or "engineer". It's likely given his role and rank that he is the lead Tiger I engineer in service to Charlotte Luder's Tiger striker.
- By the time he serves on the African front he introduced himself as a Hauptmann; hence it is likely he was promoted to an officers commission at some point.