The Empire of Orussia (オラーシャ帝国 ?) is a country in Eastern Europe within the Strike Witches universe. It is based on the Russian Empire/Soviet Union. However, as the Bolshevik Revolution never takes place in the Strike Witches Universe, the Soviet Union is never formed, and Orussia remains an empire. A Neuroi hive is located around Moscow, and as a result, the West area of the Ural River is occupied by the Neuroi. Currently, Orussia is the main force participating in the Eastern Front, being supported by the Fuso Empire.
Their nation's insignia appears to be a Red Star similar to the Soviet/Russian Air Force.
Orussia is noted as a superstitious nation, and local and national superstitions are rather common among a considerable number of its population. This is likely due to the strong superstitions of Slavic culture. Also, there appears to be a developed religion in the nation, given the presence of a church in Saint Petersburg. Whether this religion is similar to Russian Christian Orthodoxy is uncertain, but the presence of the church is at least indicative of some sort of religious theology. The view and outlook of witches by the Orussian populous, while not easy to discern, seems to be mixed. While witches are accepted and used in the military, the general populous, especially in more superstitious areas, seems to harbor some degree of distrust or fear towards them.
- The 1939 Neuroi invasion from Europe into Orussia ended up cutting the country into two along the Ural mountains. However, with the support from Fuso to the east, the country has become the main force of the Eastern European Front in the War against the Neuroi. The 502nd Joint Fighter Wing are based in Saint Petersburg, while the 503rd Joint Fighter Wing (as well as two integrated combat aviation wings) are based in Chelyabinsk. All of them are looking for opportunities to launch a counterattack against the Neuroi, which have driven deeply into Orussia's territory.
- While Fuso is noted as being a major logistical support to Orussia and providing logistical supply assistance, and to a much lesser degree military force reinforcement, it seems that there are other levels of support from the other various allied nations to some degree, with the largest secondary support elements appearing to be Karlsland forces, troops, and the chain of command. Aside from Fuso and Karlsland, Britannia also seems to have a low level of supply and air force combat assistance present, and some level of Suomus forces appear to be held in reserve.
- Aleksandra I. Pokryshkin (Army - 502nd)
- Alya Alelyuhin (505th)
- Antonina D. Yakimenko
- Aryona V. Shropov
- Bronislava Safonov (Navy - 503rd)
- Galina D. Kostylev (503rd)
- Gina Baevskaya
- Leila A. Galichenko
- Leila L. Shestakov
- Lyudmila Andreyevna Ruslanova (Music Squadron)
- Marisha Raskova (Army - 586rd)
- Sanya V. Litvyak (Army - 501st)
- Valeriya S. Grizodubova