Hi! Welcome to the Virtual YouTuber Wiki, a Fandom community dedicated to storing and organizing information about VTubers. This page is here to help people who are unsure how they can help expand this Wiki.
- 1 Guidelines To Contribute
- 1.1 General Editing Guidelines
- 1.2 Sources of information
- 1.3 Contributing To Articles
- 1.4 Creating Articles
- 1.5 Adding/Uploading Pictures
- 1.6 Adding Articles to a Category
- 1.7 Editing Templates
- 1.8 Formatting Articles
- 1.9 Tidying Up Articles
- 1.10 Other
- 2 Discussions Guidelines
- 3 Administration Guidelines
Guidelines To Contribute
General Editing Guidelines
Feel free to contribute to the wiki, just remember the following:
- Blatant advertising isn't allowed. If there are any questions about content, please ask the admins.
- Don't forget to add appropriate categories to any page you might be creating.
- Always use appropriate Infobox templates when creating pages:
- Character Infobox for the Character Pages
- Please use standard International English with proper grammar.
- Foreign terms must follow the grammar of the language they are from.
- Be respectful to other Wikia users, and the VTubers themselves.
- Do not reveal any personal information about the VTubers.
- This includes the identities of those behind them.
- Only when the VTuber themselves and/or their agencies have revealed their identities, it will be acceptable to post their identities in the Wiki.
- Any other personal information is not allowed to be posted, as per FANDOM Guidelines.
- This includes the identities of those behind them.
Sources of information
- Information may be added without citing a source or external reference, although for more interesting items we recommend including a link if one exists.
- Contributors can include some opinions where warranted (e.g. under personality, "XXXXX is cute") as long as it's not blatantly false or unsupportable (e.g. "XXXXX is the cutest in the world"), and it's on the comments section only.
A corollary to the above is that such information is not defensible in edit wars. If another user disagrees with any information that is not cited, or that is OR, or that is not NPOV, they may remove it without violating policy as long as it is in good faith.
Contributing To Articles
You can contribute to any article by clicking the "Edit" button next to the article's name. Once you do that, you will be brought to an edit page where you can add or remove information accordingly. Classic Editor is recommended instead of Visual Editor to avoid breaking templates.
WARNING: Do not add false or inappropriate things, or remove any valid information that already existed before. This will be considered an act of vandalism.
Know something about VTubers that is not on this wiki? It's easy to create a page with that information!
But before creating a page, make sure that you want to add something that this wiki would benefit from, and that meets the current Notability Standard.
To create a page, click the drop-down "contribute" button to the top-right of the page and select "add a page". After doing this, a box will appear asking you to add a title and choose a format. Make sure the title is exactly what you want it to be as this will appear as the page name and it is case sensitive! For the format, normally, you should choose blank, as this wiki has our its own formatting that we use for most types of pages. A useful way to learn how to build an article is to refer to another article in the same category, copy its formatting and then edit the relevant parts. Be careful not to break the formatting of the reference article though!
Adding a picture
To add a picture to an article, press the "Add a Picture" button on the bar at the top or the "Add Features" and "Media Box" while in edit mode. You can also press the "Add Photo" button at the bottom of a gallery.
Notes on Uploading/Adding Pictures
- When uploading a picture, please make sure it is appropriately named according to what it is a picture of. Do not enter a randomized name.
- The image file name should be as descriptive as possible. Do not write a random name such as photo3060.jpg or 2016-06-17.png.
- Once uploaded, you cannot rename the file, so it must be renamed BEFORE uploading it.
- Please only upload pictures that will be used in articles where appropriate. Inappropriately named or unused images can and will be either renamed or deleted without warning.
- The only VTuber fan art acceptable is that done by their fellow VTubers, and their designers. Fan art done by other artists and fans will be deleted without warning.
- Please use the appropriate copyright tag when uploading files. It can be done by selecting an option in the Licensing section. If you don't know what type of license to use, select FAIR USE.
- DO NOT select None selected.
- When replacing images, if they are completely different (i.e. new outfit, new appearance), do not replace old image with new one, upload new file instead. If they are the same, but better resolution you may replace same file.
In this example there is a change of appearance, old file must remain as archive, new file must be uploaded instead of replacing old one.
Adding Articles to a Category
Categories are important to the wiki by making it easy to navigate around. To add an article to a category, simply head to the Categories bar at the bottom of a page, and add in the category it belongs to. You can find a list of categories here: Special:Categories
Note: When adding a category make sure you type it exactly the same as the category name. Remember, it is case sensitive!
This is for people who know how to code templates. To create a template, just make a page named
Template:<template name>. If you make a template for public use, please document it and ask for approval before posting. Before editing any existing templates, please ask an admin.
- Template Posting Rules:
- If you want to post it on an article page, you need to get permission from an Admin by asking them to review your template. Any template that is under review (assessment session) or has not been reviewed is not allowed to be posted on article pages. All approved templates will be indicated by the lock appended to a template page since we have a policy that once an article template is approved, only admins may edit them.
- When you want to post it on a private section, such as a blog post or profile page, feel free to post on your own discretion.
You can format articles with templates, headings and subheadings. You can add headings and subheadings while in edit mode like this:
==Level 2 Headings== ===Level 3 Headings=== ====Level 4 Headings==== =====Level 5 Headings===== ======Level 6 Headings======
Note: Level 1 Heading is used in pages as the page title, so it is not included here.
As for adding a template, please contact the Admins for some consulting first, especially since your template will affect this wiki globally. This also applies to the reformatting of a page.
- VTuber pages - example of this formatting can be found here: Kizuna Ai
- Dating Format
- Infoboxes use the Japanese standard: Year/Month/Day for debut dates, and the international standard: Day-Month-Year for birthdays.
- Articles use the international standard: Day-Month-Year
- Pages Names: Japanese Standard: Surname, Name. (Exception to this rule are composed names such as Dennou Shojo Siro, and group names Barara & Karen.)
- System of measurement
- The International System of Units is used in this wiki.
- If the VTuber has not specified gender (either male or female), use other, unknown, or unspecified, no other terms are to be used.
- The gender used this wiki is the gender of the VTuber, not the person behind them.
- The Terms used in this wiki:
- Virtual YouTuber - if the main platform is YouTube (don't use this term is they don't stream via YouTube)
- VTuber - general term used to include those who do not stream via YouTube.
- Liver - used only for Nijisanji members.
- The Terms used in this wiki:
Tidying Up Articles
You can do this by making sure every sentence makes sense, has proper grammar, and is where it is supposed to be. Make sure everything is linked and everything is spelled right. We prefer to use the past tense for the episode summaries while we prefer to use the present tense for describing things and/or characters.
The debut date is when they started activities as VTubers, not as streamers.
Be sure to visit List of minor VTubers and see if the VTuber you want to add is there, and if it meets the requirements to have their own page.
DO NOT create articles for VTubers who don't meet the requirements. You may create a blog page if you wish, and put the content there.
DO NOT post information unrelated to VTubers.
If a VTuber was a streamer and had a channel before becoming a VTuber, do not post about it. Only information about their VTuber activities are to be posted here. (Exception to this rule are VTubers who before the VTuber phenomenon already made use of a virtual persona such as Eilene.)
1. Be nice and treat people with respect. Keep discussions civil and be open-minded about differing opinions.
2. Threads and posts that solicit upvotes will be deleted.
3. Off-topic conversations will be deleted.
4. Be sure to tag properly you posts.
- General: anything that doesn't fall in any of the other categories
- Management: For suggestions or requests about the wiki, examples include: a better article structure, infoboxes in general, categories, deletion of articles...
- Staff Board: For internal affairs.
- Moderation: For reporting vandals, trolls, spammers...
- Requests/Suggestions: For requests or suggestions about VTubers
5. Impersonation of other users or famous people will not be tolerated. If you have been banned and return on a new account, your posts will be deleted and your new account(s) will be banned.
6. Spamming, trolling, or vandalizing of any kind will be deleted and will lead to your account being banned.
7. Ask for help. Notice something that doesn't seem right? Or do you just have a question? Contact Fandom staff through "Give feedback" on your app's Settings screen, or via contact.
1. Follow the guidelines, and rules from this wiki, and FANDOM in general.
2. Do NOT abuse your privileges.
3. Do NOT unlock without permission pages that have been locked by bureaucrats or administrators, they have been locked for reason, they cannot and must not be unlocked without a Bureaucrat's permission.